Friday, December 09, 2005

THE COLOR PURPLE is what's new on Broadway

The Color Purple is the newest show on Broadway I believe. It opened officially a few days ago and has had postive reviews plus GIGANTA publicity thanks to Oprah. Here is their official website.


I have seen some clips, this one is on Broadway.com. The picture above is a picture from TheaterMania.com. I have not seen the show and I have no idea if I woul dlike it better than the brilliant movie version. I expect I would, because live theater is usually better than any movie. But are there images from the movie which that I would miss? Probably, but I will be interested to see over time how the show is recieved by audiences and how long it runs.

You know, I remember when the movie came out and it was fashionable to bash Spielberg as a director. But he did a brilliant job with that movie. I hope that the Broadways production is as good and I wish them many broken legs.

Other good websites for theater info and gossip.

Internet Broadway Database

Talkin' Broadway

BlogwayBaby.com

What the critics are saying according to the official website:

"BLESSED WITH TALENT.
A bright odyssey of survival and triumph with a fairy-tale sense of wonder,'Purple' strikes sparks."
- Ben Brantley, The New York Times

"IT'S FABULOUS!
A SOARING, JOYFUL BROADWAY MUSICAL."

- Richard Corliss, TIME

"VIBRANT & WINNING!
Oprah Winfrey's favorite new musical is blessed by glowing performances from a sisterhood of talent."
- Clive Barnes, New York Post

"PURE HEART!
It celebrates inspiring relationships of faith and love. LaChanze is A MARVEL! A BROADWAY HIT!"
- Elysa Gardner, USA Today

"A sweeping story that's impressively intimate and EXCEPTIONALLY MOVING, with DYNAMITE PERFORMANCES. 'The Color Purple' SINGS TO THE SOUL! A WINNER!"
- Roma Torre, NY1 News


No comments :